with a free kick to put Liverpool ahead.Firmino wa

#1 von chenwen121314 , 13.04.2019 14:35

CLEVELAND -- About four months before the 2011 draft, over a hundred scouts descended upon the baseball complex at a private academy west of Orlando. Adidas Shoes Wholesale China . They were there to eye a couple of teenagers born in Puerto Rico who would become the drafts most coveted shortstops.At 12 years old and with minimal knowledge of English, Javier Baez and Francisco Lindor left the island and moved to Florida. They excelled with sparkling play, Baez for Arlington Country Day School in Jacksonville and Lindor for Montverde Academy, which hosted that hyped high school game.That was like a mini World Series, said Baez on Monday, reminiscing about the game his team won in their senior years. That was a special evening. So many scouts, so much attention.Five years later, Baez and Lindor will face each other again as rivals in the World Series, starting Tuesday.Baez is a slick second baseman with the Chicago Cubs. Lindor is a smooth shortstop for the Cleveland Indians.Breakout stars of the postseason with their exceptional play and poise, Baez and Lindor also epitomize a talented crop of players from Puerto Rico.In the 2011 draft, the Indians drafted Lindor with the eight overall pick, and the Cubs picked Baez with the next one. Theres also Carlos Correa, the Houston Astros shortstop who in 2012 became the first Puerto Rican drafted first overall and who won the AL Rookie of the Year in 2015.We spent a ton of time with both of them, said Indians scouting director Brad Grant. Javy was a really good player, too. We went back and forth with those two. And our scouts did a really a good job of getting to know them. In the end, what separated it for us, it was Franciscos ability to play short, which is very hard to come by. And a switch-hitter on top of it, with offensive abilities as well.The 22-year-old Lindor marveled Monday about the similar path he shares with Baez ever since they were kids in Puerto Rico.We follow the same route to the majors. He left to help his family, and I did the same for mine, looking for a better future, Lindor said. We are two shortstops from Puerto Rico, drafted eight and nine, now playing each other in the World Series, still growing. This is insane. Its a blessing. I feel so proud for Puerto Rico.Both their families moved to the United States so they could polish their talents, enduring hardships along the way.In Baezs case, they also wanted his sister, Noely, to get better health care for spina bifida, a disabling birth defect. Noely died at 21 years old in April of 2015. Baez was 12 when his father, Angel Luis, died after suffering a head wound in a fall in the bathroom at home.Its just unreal that I will be playing against him, said the 23-year-old Baez. Our families are very close. His family spent Thanksgiving with us two years ago. And as players, its like were the same. We play to have fun, and do crazy things on the field.Baez won co-MVP honors in the NL Championship Series. On Saturday night, soon after he helped the Cubs beat the Los Angeles Dodgers to advance to their first World Series since 1945, Baez was texting with Lindor.`Is this a dream? Lindor recalled texting when speaking with reporters. I said, `I think so. I havent woken up yet and I dont want to wake up. Im living my dream, let*s keep doing the same. Cheap Adidas Shoes Online China . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Cheap Adidas Shoes Wholesale . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. http://www.adidasshoesdiscount.com/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. SOUTHAMPTON, England -- Liverpool stayed top of the English Premier League despite a frustrating 0-0 draw at Southampton, where Juergen Klopps team couldnt get past goalkeeper Fraser Forster on Saturday.Liverpool is tied on 27 points with Manchester City but both teams can be overtaken by Chelsea, which visits Middlesbrough on Sunday.Im not happy, not over the moon, but Im not frustrated, Klopp said after Liverpools three-game winning streak in the league ended.The visitors dominated large periods at St Marys, where former Saints trio Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Sadio Mane all started for Liverpool.Roberto Firmino was guilty of missing the best chance to win the game for Liverpool, while Charlie Austin headed wide for midtable Southampton, which offered very little going forward.Former Southampton player Adam Lallana was missing after picking up an injury in Englands draw with Spain on Tuesday, and it was Mane who had the best chance in the opening half-hour.The Senegal international hit Georginio Wijnaldums pass first time, only to see Forster leap to his left and paw his shot away.After the interval, Emre Can -- maaking his 100th appearance for the Reds -- lofted a ball over to Firmino, who had his shirt pulled by Virgil van Dijk and went down, but referee Mark Clattenburg turned appeals away. Adidas Shoes Discount Sale. Saints skipper Jose Fonte did just enough to put off Philippe Coutinho moments later as the forward burst through.Austin had arguably Southamptons best chance as he headed Cedrics cross wide under pressure from Clyne shortly after Joel Matip had been inches away from connecting with a free kick to put Liverpool ahead.Firmino was played in by Coutinho but could only shoot wide when clean-through as he attempted to finish with the outside of his boot.Daniel Sturridge was introduced in the 78th and almost provided an immediate impact as he dug out a cross to the back post which Clyne headed wide.Forster then kept out Firminos curling effort as Liverpool, unbeaten in the league since August, failed to find a winning goal.Liverpool and Man City have the same goal difference but the Reds have scored more goals. ' ' '

chenwen121314  
chenwen121314

e and have everyone available.You want to finish fir
on Tuesday.(Brians) a pro. He will find whatever rhy

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen