was stopped on a second-period breakaway

#1 von elaine95 , 22.03.2019 04:31

DENVER (AP) — A late rally by Colorado spoiled Jim Montgomery’s return to Denver.J.T. Compher and Mikko Rantanen scored 45 seconds apart late in the third period Dallas Stars Hoodies Womens , and the Avalanche rallied to beat the Dallas Stars 3-2 on Saturday night.Rantanen also had an assist, and Nathan MacKinnon had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche. Colorado has won four in a row and is 6-0-1 in its last seven games.The Avalanche had to overcome a third-period deficit to get this victory after cruising in its last three wins.“There’s always belief in this team, in this locker room. We know if we go down, we know we can come back,” Rantanen said. “It’s shown a lot of times this year.”Rantanen leads the NHL in points (38) and assists (28), while MacKinnon is second in points with 35.Radek Faska and Jamie Benn had goals, Alexander Radulov had two assists and Anton Khudobin stopped 33 shots for the Stars. Dallas has lost three of its last four and couldn’t get a win in Montgomery’s return to Denver. Montgomery Dallas Stars Hats Womens , who was hired in May, coached Denver University for five seasons and led the Pioneers to the 2017 national championship.“It was great to be back in Denver. I’ve got a lot of friends here,” Montgomery said. “If DU wasn’t playing I’d have tons more. And if we weren’t playing I’d be at DU.”The Stars nearly pulled out a win for their new coach. They trailed 1-0 when Faska and Benn scored in a span of 3:31 to give Dallas a 2-1 lead with 4:57 left. The Avalanche tied it on Compher’s goal at 17:18.Colorado got the tiebreaker when Rantanen knocked in Erik Johnson’s rebound at 18:03 of the third period for his 10th goal.“It was on a rush and Nate found E.J. coming late,” Rantanen said. “E.J. got a shot there and I was just trying to get in front of the net. I got a fortunate bounce right on my tape and I had an empty net.”Semyon Varlamov stopped a furious rally in the crease in the final seconds and finished with 27 saves.“We battled hard in the third, got a lead and (kicked) it away at the end,” Benn said. “We need to learn how to manage the game when we have a lead.”The Avalanche scored first after Dallas killed off the first of two Colorado power plays in the second period. Gabe Landeskog controlled the puck down low and floated a pass to Rantanen at the bottom of the right circle. Rantanen sent a pass to the other side of the crease to MacKinnon, who beat Khudobin on the short side at 13:11.It was his 15th of the season.“I thought (MacKinnon’s) line was outstanding all night Custom Dallas Stars Jerseys ,” Colorado coach Jared Bednar said. “They created a ton of chances off the rush, using their speed and little slip plays in the middle. They came up with a big one at the end.”NOTES: Compher has three goals in the last two games after missing 16 games with a head injury. … The Avalanche hosted two survivors of the bus crash in April that killed 16 members of the Humboldt Broncos of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League. Defenseman Ryan Straschnitzki and goaltender Jacob Wasserman were honored before the game and participated in the ceremonial puck drop. … Colorado forward Sven Andrighetto was a healthy scratch for the second straight game. He played in three games after missing six with an injury.UP NEXT:Dallas: Continues its four-game road trip at Edmonton on Tuesday night.Colorado: Travels to Nashville on Tuesday night. RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Ryan Getzlaf came close to scoring but had nothing to show for it except a stuffed breakaway and a ringing post.He certainly didn’t miss in overtime.Getzlaf scored 1:15 into OT, and the Anaheim Ducks rallied to beat the Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 on Friday night.Pontus Aberg scored the tying goal with 3:50 left in regulation, and the Ducks won their third straight and fifth in six games.“The biggest thing is that we’re finding a way at the moment,” Getzlaf said. “I thought we played mostly good hockey throughout this trip. … It’s about finding ways to win, and our goalie gave us a chance to do that tonight.”Andrei Svechnikov scored an early goal for Carolina www.redwingsshoponline.com , which has earned points in five of six but went 0 for 6 on the power play for the second time this season.“The power play needed to get one,” first-year coach Rod Brind’Amour said. “That puts it away.”John Gibson stopped 33 shots — including breakaways by Dougie Hamilton and Phil Di Giuseppe — despite minimal offensive support once again.“It kind of seemed like at the beginning of the year, we were finding ways to lose,” Gibson said. “And now it’s starting to turn. … We’ve had a knack for finding ways to come back and winning some games that maybe we thought we were out of and maybe shouldn’t have won.”The Ducks’ scoring average of 2.22 goals ranks ahead of only Los Angeles, and their average of 26.4 shots ranks last in the league. They haven’t scored more than three goals in any of their last five games.“We’re OK without scoring five goals a night,” said Getzlaf, who was stopped on a second-period breakaway and rang the right post with about nine minutes left in regulation.“Sometimes you need your goaltender Detroit Red Wings T-Shirts Womens ,” he added, “and tonight, we needed him.”Aberg tied it late in the third by tapping an airborne puck past Curtis McElhinney. A review confirmed the puck was not struck by a high stick.“They got a lucky goal to tie it up — that’s really what that was,” Brind’Amour said. “And then their skilled player took over at the end.”Getzlaf won it by slipping past the Carolina defenders at the blue line, taking a long pass from Hampus Lindholm and faking McElhinney left before beating him high.“That was just an opportunity I saw to get behind somebody, and Hampus made a great pass,” Getzlaf said.McElhinney finished with 27 saves but fell to 7-2-1 for the Hurricanes in their first game since struggling goaltender Scott Darling was waived and then assigned to their AHL affiliate in Charlotte.Svechnikov scored the game’s first goal with 1:03 left in the first period. The Russian rookie took a feed from Hamilton and beat Gibson with a blast from behind the left circle.NOTES: The Hurricanes fell to 7-0-2 when Svechnikov earns a point. … Lindholm was back for Anaheim after missing six games with a lower-body injury. … Carolina was without LW Micheal Ferland (concussion) Detroit Red Wings Hoodies Womens , who has a team-best 11 goals.UP NEXTDucks: Wrap up a five-game eastern swing Sunday at Washington.Hurricanes: Begin a western swing Sunday night at Los Angeles.

elaine95  
elaine95

Jonathan Drouin had a goal and an assist
e signs of life with 51 seconds left in the first when Connor McDavid passed in front for Manning, who beat Mrazek.Carolina made

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen