TORONTO - Kelly Olynyk posted a photo of himself on Twitter this week, arm-in-arm with Boston Celtics teammates and fellow Canad

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 18.03.2019 04:14

TORONTO - Kelly Olynyk posted a photo of himself on Twitter this week, arm-in-arm with Boston Celtics teammates and fellow Canadians Joel Anthony and Dwight Powell. Authentic Josh Walker Jersey .Underneath Olynyk wrote, The true north strong and free! @CanBball.While the 23-year-old continues to work on his NBA game in his sophomore season in Boston, his national allegiance is solid.Definitely, Olynyk said when asked if he feels a sense of responsibility in representing Canada. Its national pride, pride for your country.The seven-foot centre, his long hair held back by a headband, was speaking before shootaround at Ryerson Universitys Mattamy Athletic Centre, where curious students peered through the glass doors.Hours later, Olynyk would score eight points and grab five rebounds in the Celtics 116-109 pre-season loss to the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre. Olynyk arrived back in Celtics camp after playing for Canada on the teams 11-game summer European tour, using the experience to help springboard him into his second NBA season.I put in a lot of work this summer through the summer league, then with the national team, just trying to get in competitive situations, just trying to better myself any way I can to help the team, Olynyk said. I worked on a lot of stuff, worked on pretty much every aspect of my game, just trying to get better at everything I do, in terms of trying to get my body as NBA ready as I could. Then just trying to be more consistent.Olynyk, taken 13th overall in the 2013 NBA draft, averaged 8.7 points and 5.2 rebounds a game in his rookie season in Boston. This pre-season, hes started at centre in all three of Bostons pre-season games — he finished with 26 total points and 13 rebounds in the previous two. Hes a big part of our team, said Celtics coach Brad Stevens. The way that were wanting to play, his skill-set ... hes not necessarily a traditional centre from a skill-set standpoint and hes not going to weigh more than most centres, but he is a matchup problem for most bigs because he can play on the block. But hes really good facing the basket. Olynyk was born in Toronto and spent 12 years in the Ontario capital before moving to Kamloops, B.C., with his family. He grew up a fan of the Raptors, and his mom Arlene was a scorekeeper for Canadas lone NBA team. Father Ken coached the University of Torontos basketball team for 13 seasons, and also worked for the Raptors one year.Hes really good, Olynyk said on having his dad as a constant resource. Hes been there my whole life, teaching me stuff, telling me what to do, what to work on, how to evaluate my game, which is really helpful, especially with the knowledge and experience he has.While the Canadian mens team didnt qualify for the FIBA World Cup this past summer, Olynyk and Anthony said they both followed the national womens team at the recent world championship. The women went into the tournament ranked No. 8, and finished fifth.They did a great job, came fifth which is unbelievable for them, finished higher than their ranking which is good, Olynyk said.I have a good friend who plays for the team, so I was definitely rooting for the women to be able to do well, said Anthony, a 32-year-old centre from Montreal. I was definitely proud about how the women played and carried themselves on the court.Its time for the men to step up and produce some strong results as well, Anthony said.Weve shown a lot of pride on the mens side, but now with the young talent thats coming in (such as Andrew Wiggins and Tyler Ennis), were looking forward to having a lot better results in competition.Ryersons new gym was a fitting venue for the Celtics Canadian contingent Friday — its the basketball venue for the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto. Canada is expected to field its top teams in mens and womens basketball, as a warm-up to their respective FIBA Americas Olympic qualifying tournaments.Having the Games here in Toronto, thats huge, Anthony said. Its very rare that we get a chance to play on home soil, so I think thats a great opportunity and a great stage for this team to be able to showcase the new talent thats here.Still, Anthony isnt sure yet what his summer will hold.Obviously its going to be big, with them looking to qualify for (the Olympics), Anthony said. Ill just see how I feel, first off, physically. Its been a lot of years playing with the national team and with all the years in the NBA, it starts to catch up. So I want to be smart about everything, but I definitely would want to be able to help out that team in any way I can.Anthony, whos been limited this pre-season by a groin injury, averaged a point and 1.5 rebounds in seven minutes a game last season after he arrived in Boston in a trade with the Miami Heat. He didnt play Friday.Stevens was asked about stockpiling Canadian big men.You know what, theyve been good, the coach said. All three are great guys, easy guys to coach. Joel is a veteran thats gone from starting on a runner-up team to not seeing much action on a championship team to being traded and seeing spot action here. And hes been nothing but a great leader and veteran and guy we want around. The Heat honoured Anthony when the Celtics travelled to Miami a few days after the Canadian was traded last year.You noticed. . .how much the Miami team and organization respected and liked him, you could tell that by the way he was approached, said Stevens. They did a thing honouring him after the first quarter, that doesnt happen with everybody. Hes a guy that you like to have around the locker-room. Powell, meanwhile, was taken 45th overall in this years draft by the Charlotte Hornets. The Stanford University grad was first traded to Cleveland in July and then to Boston late last month.I like him, hes a very live body, hes active, hes long, hes aggressive, I think hes got a future in this league, Stevens said of the Toronto native. Right now, hes getting a lot thrown at him, fair or unfair. Authentic Cam Robinson Jersey .com) - A pair of Eastern Conference rivals will meet on Saturday as D. Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . New York secured second place in the Metropolitan Division when the Philadelphia Flyers lost at Tampa Bay later Thursday. The Rangers will face either the Flyers or Columbus in the opening round of the post-season. The Rangers struggled throughout against the lowly Sabres and goalie Matt Hackett, who played in just his seventh NHL game of the season. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-tre-herndon-jersey . The 25-year-old Brazilian player has only made four Premier League appearances for United this season and underwent a medical test in Italy on Friday.CALGARY - Rookie Johnny Gaudreau has been the talk of the town in Calgary lately, but on Monday night veteran Jiri Hudler showed that he is no slouch either when it comes to producing offence.Hudler had a pair of beautiful set-ups as the Flames scored twice in the first period and then hung on for a 2-1 victory over Los Angeles— Calgarys third straight victory and second against the Kings in a week.Its huge. Theyre in our conference and theyre Stanley Cup champs, said Hudler. Theyve got a big, physical team. The last game in their building was a comeback and we stuck with it tonight. Its great points for us.Curtis Glencross and Markus Granlund had the goals for Calgary (20-15-3), which has won three straight games since a seven-game losing skid.Tyler Toffoli scored for Los Angeles (18-12-7), which kicked off a three-game road trip through Western Canada that continues Tuesday night in Edmonton.His hockey sense is unbelievable, Calgary coach Bob Hartley said about Hudler. He basically set up Granny and Glenny to open nets. Thats the hockey sense, thats the vision, that he has. Hes a great passer.Calgary took a 1-0 lead at 12:13 of the first period on the eighth goal of the season for Glencross.Carrying the puck with speed into the Kings end, Hudler curled sharply towards the sideboards, drawing lone defenceman Jake Muzzin towards him. With the middle of the ice opened up, he slid a perfect pass to Glencross racing in all alone and he wristed a shot into the top corner on Jonathan Quick.There was a lot of open ice and I was thinking about going for a change but seeing Jiri going in, I just bolted up the ice and it worked out, said Glencross, who has eight goals on the year. Havent gotten too many of those this year where youre coming down the slot and you have that opportunity. Hopefully they keep on coming.The Flames made it 2-0 just over a minute later on another pretty goal.Skating down the wing, Gaudreau made a nice play to evade defenceman Matt Greene at the Los Angeles blue-line, then drew the Kings other defenceman Alec Martinez to the ice before saucering a pass across to Hudler. The instant the puck landed on Hudlers stick, he sent a touch pass back into the slot where he buried his fifth goal with Quick fooled and caught out of position.Great play by Johnny and Huds and I had an empty net. That was an easy goal for me, said Granlund. We think the same way so its fun to play with those guys.Hudlers two assists gives him 36 points on the season (13 goals, 23 assists). He moves ahead of Mark Giordano into the team scoring lead.With the win, the Flames pull even with Los Angeles, San Jose and Vancouver in the Pacific Division. Authentic Lerentee McCray Jersey. . However, all three teams hold games in hand.We really didnt start pushing until the latter half of the second, and the third period we dominated, said Kings defenceman Drew Doughty. The reason why we lost was we had two quick lapses in the first period and they scored on them and we had to battle back from there on out.Trailing 2-0, the Kings got a big goal in the final minute of the second period. Toffoli scored on a breakaway after being sent in by Dustin Brown.Toffoli had another great chance from the side of the net with less than 10 seconds to go in the second but was robbed by Hiller, who jabbed out his pad to deny the Kings leading scorer.I tried to get it upstairs, but it was kind of rolling, said Toffoli. If I put that in there its a totally different ending to the game.Hartley agreed that was a key moment in the game.That definitely would have put us on our heels and probably would have caused lots of damage. We retreated back with a one-goal lead and I thought in the third, we skated better, said Hartley.Jonas Hiller was at his best in the third and he had to be as the Kings pressed for the tying goal.The pressure intensified in the late going and just before the buzzer, Hiller robbed Dwight King from 10 feet out.He was the difference in tonights game. He came up with some huge saves at the right time, and you need this, especially when youre playing the defending Stanley Cup champs, said Hartley. We asked the boys this morning, we said, We cant afford any passengers. We got a great game from everyone and our best player was our goalie.Hiller finished the night with 26 saves to improve to 12-10-2. After giving up two or more goals in 15 straight starts, the Swiss goaltender has given up two goals total in his last two games.We already gave them some momentum at the end of the second and were lucky we got away with the one-goal lead and found a way. I think everybody was working hard, sacrificing, blocking shots, doing everything. It wasnt always pretty, but we found a way Hiller said.Quick had 13 stops in falling to 15-9-6.Notes: Los Angeles forward Marian Gaborik (flu-like symptoms) did not play. He is on a six-game scoring streak (7-3-10). Taking his spot was Jordan Nolan, a healthy scratch the past eight games... On defence for the Kings, Jeff Schultz made his season debut in place of Brayden McNabb... Flames centre Mikael Backlund is getting closer to returning. On Monday, he practised with the team in a non-contact jersey. Hes missed 27 games since having abdominal surgery. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox outfielder Avisail Garcia has had season-ending left shoulder surgery. [url=http://www.cheapbuccane
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Jon Singleton homered among three hits and drove in four runs, Marwin Gonzalez had a bases-loaded triple and

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen