Few players make it over this threshold

#1 von huangjian123 , 27.11.2018 03:08

In the NFL http://www.patriotsauthorizedshop.com/authentic-trey-flowers-jersey , 35 is considered old. and still remain successful among colleagues that are in a lot of cases more than 10 years younger. However, those who do survive in the league that long are oftentimes still at the top of their game, especially at positions that pose a slightly different athletic challenge than most. The quarterback spot is the best example, and 2018 serves as a perfect reminder of that.39-year old New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and the Los Angeles Chargers’ 36-year old Philip Rivers are both in the middle of arguably their best seasons to date. The Pittsburgh Steelers’s 36-year old Ben Roethlisberger, meanwhile, and soon-to-be 35-year old Green Bay Packers passer Aaron Rodgers also still play at the same high level as they used to in their earlier days in the NFL.And then, there is Tom BradyAt 41, he is the league’s oldest quarterback (and oldest non-kicker in general) and he keeps defying expectations of what being an older play in the NFL means. Since turning 35 in the offseason leading into the 2012 season, Brady has led the New England Patriots to two Super Bowl trophies Shaq Mason Jersey , and has won a combined three MVP awards (one regular season, two in the title game).2018 is more of the same. While Brady’s statistical output looks comparatively pedestrian when compared to his ridiculously productive last three seasons, he still is very much in the conversation as the league’s best quarterback. And even though he finds himself in unchartered territory for players his age he keeps adding to his already legendary r茅sum茅 — and according to the man himself, he plans to keep doing it.“I’d like to go till I’m 45,” Brady told NBC Sports’ Peter King after Sunday night’s victory over the Green Bay Packers and fellow old man quarterback Aaron Rodgers. “I know I said that a hundred times, and no one believes me. But I mean, I feel good. I could go play another game tomorrow. I know what to do. It’s fun. What else would you rather do than run out in front of 70,000 people and throw a football?”While Brady regularly pointed out his goal of playing until turning 45, he put on a more cautiously sounding tone this offseason. Of course Authentic Kyle Van Noy Jersey , his remarks also left plenty of room for interpretation: he told Oprah Winfrey that he thinks about retirement more than he used to and also spoke in an interview with his own TB12 brand about “seeing the end line now.” His most recent statements, however, leave little doubt about what he wants to do.Brady being asked about hanging up his cleats is nothing new. Back in 2014, for example, the then-37-year old told WEEI that he will retire when his game is no longer up to the lofty standards he sets for himself. “When I suck, I’ll retire,” the future Hall of Famer said before continuing: “I don’t plan on sucking for a long time.” We are nine weeks into the 2018 season and Brady is still far from sucking. 45 seems to be as realistic as it has ever been. After every New England Patriots win, head coach Bill Belichick joins radio color commentator and ex-Patriots quarterback Scott Zolak for a film breakdown of the action. This week, the duo took a look at four pivotal plays from the team’s 43-40 victory over the visiting Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night.1-10-KC 49 (7:21) S.Michel up the middle to KC 37 for 12 yards (R.Parker).“One of the best things about the game was our running the ball Cheap Jonathan Jones Jersey ,” Belichick said before analyzing the first play, an off-tackle run by first-round Sony Michel. The head coach especially praises the blocking up front, and highlights a double-team block by right guard Shaq Mason and right tackle Marcus Cannon to seal the edge, as well as the push created by tight end Rob Gronkowski, fullback James Develin and pulling guard Joe Thuney. “Just getting good movement here at the line of scrimmage.”1-10-KC 23 (5:12) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short middle intended for T.Kelce INTERCEPTED by D.Hightower at KC 31. D.Hightower to KC 4 for 27 yards (D.Harris).The first really big play of the game came midway through the first quarter when linebacker Dont’a Hightower picked off Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes deep in Kansas City territory. “This is a really good play here by Hightower,” Belichick said about the takeaway. “Normally what happens when the offense play-actions, is they try to hit the area behind the [linebackers].” Hightower was not fooled by the fake handoff and instead was able to get in the passing lane and record an interception. Belichick also highlights defensive edge Trey Flowers, who was able to clear the way for the 27-yard runback with a big block on Chiefs tackle Eric Fisher.1-10-NE 15 (:17) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass deep right intended for T.Kelce INTERCEPTED by D.Harmon [D.Hightower] at NE -3. Touchback.“I thought this was a big play in the game,” Belichick said about Duron Harmon’s end zone interception late in the first half. The head coach starts breaking it down by looking at Kansas City moving its personnel around: “Really good job of our guys adjusting to a formation you rarely see Cheap Devin McCourty Jersey ,” Belichick noted before again highlighting Hightower’s impact on the play as his rush forced Mahomes to try a pass into double coverage.1-10-NE 21 (3:50) T.Brady pass short left to R.Gronkowski pushed ob at KC 37 for 42 yards (R.Ragland).The final play that Belichick and Zolak look at also features a rarely seen look, this time by the Chiefs’ defense. “This is something we saw going all the way back to Buddy Ryan and the mid-80s,” New England’s head coach said of one of his team’s biggest pass plays of the night, a 42-yarder to Rob Gronkowski. Kansas City is covering the tight end with a safety down by the line of scrimmage, but New England reacts well: Gronkowski and left tackle Trent Brown fake to block the two men lining up on the other side of them but instead let one rush freely which in turn allows Gronkowski to get open down the field. “Josh McDaniels and the offensive staff did a really good job of installing the play,” Belichick said before taking Zolak on a trip back to the late 1980s and an old game between the Tampa Bay Buccanners and Detroit Lions which saw the same play used.To watch video of the breakdown, please visit patriots.com.

huangjian123  
huangjian123

Julian Edelman enters Sunday’s 1 p.m. ET kickoff
Chargers to have three new starters on the defense

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen