A brief look at Cardinals/Vikings history

#1 von huangjian123 , 14.11.2018 04:49

It’s a little later in the week than we usually do this Youth Linval Joseph Jersey , but it’s time to take a look back at the history between the Minnesota Vikings and their opponent for the upcoming week. On Sunday, the Vikings will return home for the first time since Week 3 to take on the Arizona Cardinals, who this past Sunday became the last team in the NFL to get into the victory column.These two teams have been fairly evenly matched over the years, but it’s depended heavily on where the games have been located. The Cardinals’ success in Minnesota has been pretty limited over the years, regardless of where they’ve called home.As always, the numbers in this piece are brought to you by the folks from Pro Football Reference. Also, we will focus on regular season numbers only.Games between the Vikings and the Cardinals: 25All-time record: Vikings, 14-11Total Vikings’ points scored, head-to-head: 595 (23.8 points/game)Total Cardinals’ points scored, head-to-head: 559 (22.4 points/game)Longest Vikings’ winning streak vs Cardinals: 4, 12 December 1995 to 12 November 2000Longest Cardinals’ winning streak vs Vikings: 4, 6 November 1977 to 30 October 1983Most recent Vikings’ home win in series: 20 November 2016 (final score 30-24)Most recent Cardinals’ road win in series: 6 November 1977 (final score 27-7)Biggest Vikings’ home win in series: 27 points Youth Everson Griffen Jersey , 13 October 1991 (final score 34-7)Biggest Cardinals’ road win in series: 42 points, 6 October 1963 (final score 56-14, first game between the two teams)Current streak: Vikings, 1 winYes, the last time an NFL team named the Cardinals won a game in Minnesota, they were not the Arizona Cardinals. They weren’t even the Phoenix Cardinals. They were the St. Louis Cardinals. Actually, if you look back at the history between these two teams, the Cardinals won the first four regular season games in Minnesota between these two teams (though the Vikings did get a post-season victory over the Cardinals en route to Super Bowl IX against Pittsburgh).In that 1977 contest, neither team generated a whole lot in the passing game. Both teams threw for 143 yards, and both starting quarterbacks (Fran Tarkenton and Jim Hart) were intercepted three times. The difference was the fact that the Cardinals gained 316 yards on the ground, whereas the Vikings. . .well, didn’t. Two Cardinals running backs http://www.thevikingsfootballauthentic.com/xavier-rhodes-jersey-authentic , Wayne Morris and Terry Metcalf, each had a pair of touchdowns in that one, and they each had one on the ground and one through the air. Morris did the majority of the damage, rushing for 182 yards, and the Cardinals raced out to a 27-0 lead before a garbage time touchdown from Sammy White in the fourth quarter closed the final margin to 27-7.The last game between these two teams took place at U.S. Bank Stadium in 2016, and saw the Vikings riding a four-game losing streak after their 5-0 start. They had to do something to try to get themselves right again, and a couple of their stars did their best to do just that. Near the end of the first half, this happened:That 100-yard pick-six by Xavier Rhodes now stands as the longest interception return for a touchdown in team history, and gave the Vikings a lead at halftime. To start the second half, Cordarrelle Patterson took a kickoff 104 yards for another score, and the Vikings were able to hold off a late Arizona rally to walk out with a 30-24 victory.That’s a brief look back at the history between the Minnesota Vikings and the St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, ladies and gentlemen. The Vikings have won their last eight regular season games on friendly soil between these two teams Youth Harrison Smith Jersey , and hopefully they can extend that streak of dominance to nine in a row. A day after the San Francisco 49ers elected Richard Sherman as their player representative, the veteran cornerback believes a lockout is coming when the NFL collective bargaining agreement expires."It's going to happen, so it's not like guys are guessing," Sherman said before the 49ers' workout Thursday.The current CBA between players and NFL owners doesn't expire until after the 2020 season, but there have been rumblings that players might dig in their heels in order to get certain economic changes, including more guaranteed money in contracts.Owners locked out the players for four months during the 2011 offseason, but the sides eventually hammered out a 10-year deal before the regular season was jeopardized.Sherman said he's expecting a lockout this time around "because there was a lockout before. We don't plan on changing anything about the deal we currently have right now ... I don't think it's going to be negotiated before the end of the CBA."That issue is for down the road. For now, the three-time All-Pro cornerback eagerly awaits his 49ers debut Sunday at Minnesota. After being released by Seattle in March, Sherman, 30, signed a three-year deal with San Francisco.He appears fully recovered from a ruptured right Achilles tendon that ended his 2017 season in November. But Sunday's game offers Sherman his first true test to prove he's still the same shutdown defender he was before the injury. And the opener comes against a Vikings team that expects big things offensively after signing quarterback Kirk Cousins in the offseason.So far, Sherman has drawn rave reviews for the leadership role he's taken with a young 49ers defense."It's inspiring just to play across from a guy like that that's played at a high level Youth Anthony Barr Jersey ," cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon said. "I've always looked up to him, always thought highly of him. To be able to pick his brain just inspires me to take my game to the next level."Asked if this week of preparation feels different given his new surroundings, Sherman replied:"I got my Kobe cleats."Nike has a line of football cleats endorsed by former Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, a friend of Sherman's who offered the cornerback advice on how to rehab from an Achilles injury, since Bryant experienced the same setback.Sherman said he'll feel butterflies when he takes the field for his 49ers debut, but he said it won't be so different from his previous seven years with the Seahawks."(There's) always that rookie inside me. I don't think it changes from your first year to your eighth year," he said. "I think you always go into it knowing you're gonna have a chance to do something special and you're excited about the possibilities."NOTES: Weakside linebacker Malcolm Smith (hamstring) participated in Thursday's practice and is expected to be ready Sunday, defensive coordinator Robert Saleh said. ... Saleh also said that rookie Fred Warner will start at middle linebacker.

huangjian123  
huangjian123

Although Philip Rivers has only faced the Seattle Seahawks three times
Minnesota Vikings release Antwione Williams

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen