d adage that athletes who compete not to

#1 von chenwen121314 , 13.06.2018 07:53

CHICAGO -- Nearly a year after throwing a no-hitter at Wrigley Field, Cole Hamels was masterful again in his return to the famed ballpark. Frank White Jersey .Hamels pitched eight dominant innings, and the Texas Rangers stopped a four-game slide by topping the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Sunday in a matchup of division leaders.I got 10 days of rest. You get a whole week of rest, I guess that helps, Hamels said. I know its the second half, want to start off right. This is now the go time.Hamels (10-2) struck out his first six batters. He fanned seven overall and gave up just an unearned run on four hits.The fastball, the cutter allowed him to get to the changeup today, and he was really exceptional, Rangers manager Jeff Banister said.Last summer, the lefty threw a no-hitter and struck out 13 at Wrigley in his final start for Philadelphia. He was then traded to the Rangers.Ive always enjoyed coming to Wrigley Field, Hamels said. Growing up as a kid watching it on WGN, its just a great ballpark to come play at. The fans are great here. Im just going out enjoying the moment.Sam Dyson struck out three in the ninth for his 19th save in 21 chances.Ian Desmond homered and Robinson Chirinos drove in two runs as Texas avoided a three-game sweep. The Cubs had won three in a row.John Lackey (7-6) allowed four runs and six hits in eight innings as his winless streak reached seven starts on a warm afternoon with the wind blowing out. He is 14-16 in 41 starts against Texas, the team hes faced most often in his career.The story really today was Cole. He pitched really well, Lackey said. We werent able to do anything against him. I was honestly pretty happy about the way I threw the ball. Threw eight innings and definitely not a good day to pitch.Hamels fanned the side in the first two innings.I was able to execute pretty well, Hamels said. Sometimes things just work enough to miss the barrels. If you can go out and really establish the strike zone early, they cant get as comfortable.The streak ended when Matt Szczur popped out and Albert Almora Jr. reached on third baseman Adrian Beltres error in the third. Javier Baez doubled home a run.Elvis Andrus RBI single and Chirinos sacrifice fly put the Rangers ahead in the second. Almora made a leaping catch in center field to rob Chirinos of extra bases.Chirinos hit an RBI double after Lackey walked the first two batters in the fourth.Desmond led off the eighth with his 16th home run.The Cubs got back-to-back singles to start the bottom of the seventh before a double play and groundout ended the rally.Cole did exactly what we needed today, and we got hits when they counted and we were able to get the win, first baseman Prince Fielder said. Good defense, great win all around.We needed it really bad. Weve been struggling as a team.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: OF Shin-Soo Choo (back) was out of the lineup for a third straight game, but Banister said the team isnt considering putting him on the disabled list just yet. It still seems to bother him when hes throwing, Banister said. . RHP Kyle Lohse (strained oblique) threw a pain-free bullpen session Saturday. Banister expects him to start Tuesday at the Angels.DRAMALackey argued with home plate umpire Cory Blaser after the top of the sixth before right fielder Jason Heyward got between them. Cubs manager Joe Maddon then addressed Blaser. Lackey declined to go into details of the chat.Theyre talking about Christmas cards for next year, Maddon joked. Just let John vent a little bit. Hes fine.UP NEXTRangers: RHP A.J. Griffin (3-1, 3.81 ERA) is scheduled to start Mondays opener of a three-game series at the Angels, who are expected to start RHP Nick Tropeano (3-2, 3.12).Cubs: LHP Jon Lester (9-4, 3.01) is to start Mondays opener of a three-game set against the visiting Mets and LHP Steven Matz (7-5, 3.38). Lester allowed a season-high eight runs in a career-low 1 1/3 innings in his other start against New York this season. Bo Jackson Jersey .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. Discount Royals Jerseys Online .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. http://www.royalsjerseyscheap.com/ . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The United States saw a pair of fencers put themselves in position to win unprecedented gold medals at the Rio Games.Neither came through. But simply getting to the finals helped show how far the Americans have come in a sport where theyve long struggled.Third-ranked Aron Szilagyi of Hungary beat upstart U.S. fencer Daryl Homer to win gold in mens sabre Wednesday.Despite the loss, Homer earned the second silver medal for the American mens fencing team in Rio, joining Stanfords Alexander Massialas. Hes also the first American to win a mens sabre medal since his mentor, Peter Westbrook, won bronze in 1984.Were trying to raise the visibility of the sport, Homer said. We are very competitive with each other, and its great. I love that.Homers impressive final touch gave him a thrilling 15-14 victory over Irans Mojtaba Abedini in the semifinals and put him within a win of the first gold for the U.S. men in the modern era.Szilagyi proved to be too much for the 10th-ranked American, who fell 15-8.Still, the Bronx-born Homer finished as well as any U.S. fencer in his weapon ever had.Homer found out about fencing when he was 5 by reading his dictionary. He begged his mother, Juliette Smith, to let him try out the sport, and Homer wound up under the tutelage of WestbrookWestbrooks foundation is designed to mentor inner-city youth through fencing. It has also been crucial in the career of Ibtihaj Muhammad, who made history Monday as the first U.S. athlete to compete wearing a hijab.Homer emerged as one of Westbrooks prized pupils, earning spots on four All-America teams while at St. Johns. He also became the first American man to win a medal at a world championship event, taking silver in 2015.Hommer won his first three matches Wednesday by relatively comfortable margins to reach the semifinals. George Brett Jersey. Homer then faced a furious challenge from Abedini, who overcame a seven-point run from Homer to force a do-or-die situation.Homer exploded to the center of the piste for a touch that put him into the finals.I was like, No regrets. If I lose doing this, Im going to lose doing this and I dont care. And that was literally how I rolled out, Homer said. If you want a medal, you have to do something big for it.But Szilagyi never let the athletic Homer dictate the pace of the match, instead neutralizing Homer with quick strikes that put him in a hole too deep.Daryl is a very aggressive, very dynamic fencer, Szilagyi said. My strategy was to break his dynamism ... and not let him aggressively attack me.Russian Inna Deriglazova won gold in womens foil, giving her country its second fencing title of the Rio Games.Deriglazova beat Italys Elisa Di Francisca, the gold medalist from the London Olympics, 12-11 to claim a world title for the second year in a row.Deriglazova found herself up a point with just 2.5 seconds left, a situation that tested the old adage that athletes who compete not to lose typically lose.But Deriglazova was able to run backward until the clock ran out.Whatever it took to do in those last two seconds, to run away, to fall down, I would do that, Deriglazova said. It didnt matter.Third-ranked American Lee Kiefer lost in the round of 16 and said afterward that this will probably be her last Olympic appearance.The Associated Press contributed to this report. China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

chenwen121314  
chenwen121314

he came through with another one on Monday while brawling in the crowd with Owens. After escaping a powerbomb attempt by grabbi
ind Nico I was faster but also due to the

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen