MELBOURNE, Australia - The injuries mounted at the Australian Open on Tuesday, although for the most part, players coped with th

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 28.05.2018 08:20

MELBOURNE, Australia - The injuries mounted at the Australian Open on Tuesday, although for the most part, players coped with the oppressive heat. Lorenzen Wright Jersey . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Despite temperatures reaching 42 Celsius (108 Fahrenheit) during the afternoon and a hot breeze gusting over Melbourne Park for most of the day, none of the withdrawals were apparently linked to the temperatures. Isner retired from his match against Slovakias Martin Klizan with a lingering ankle injury that he said got progressively worse at the Hopman Cup event in Perth and a tournament he won in Auckland, New Zealand, over the past two weeks. "I know movement is not the best part of my game," the 2.08-meter (6-foot-10) American said, "but at a certain point Ive got to be able to move without pain and I wasnt able to do that today." He withdrew before last years Australian Open with an injury, as well. "I thought I had a good shot at playing this match and winning this match and I pulled out," he said. "I could have done the same last year, but I went home." The other seeded player in his section of the draw, Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany, withdrew before his scheduled first-round match against Slovenian Aljaz Bedene with a left hamstring injury. He was replaced in the draw by Frenchman Stephane Robert, a lucky loser from qualifying, who defeated Bedene to reach the second round. Hometown favourite Bernard Tomic later retired with a left leg injury after losing the first set against top-seeded Rafael Nadal 6-4, much to the astonishment of the Rod Laver Arena crowd, who initially booed him. "It was very difficult for me to say sorry to the crowd," he said. "I dont think they quite knew what was wrong with me." Tomic suffered the injury in training on Monday. Czech veteran Radek Stepanek also retired from his match against Slovenian Blaz Kavcic with a neck injury while leading 7-6 (3), 6-4, 1-6, 0-2 after nearly three hours of play. A few other players struggled in the heat on Tuesday, but finished their matches. Canadian qualifier Frank Dancevic said he blacked out during his 7-6 (12), 6-3, 6-4 loss to No. 27-seeded Benoit Paire of France. Dancevic, who required medical attention during the second set, questioned the wisdom of not suspending matches during the torridly hot conditions. "I dont think its fair to anybody, to the players, to the fans, to the sport when you see players pulling out of matches and passing out," he said. "I think its definitely hazardous to be out there. Its dangerous." Shareef Abdur-Rahim Jersey . First-half goals by Will Bruin and Oscar Boniek Garcia sucked the life out of the Impact as the Houston Dynamo bounced them from Major League Soccers post-season with a 3-0 victory on Thursday. Mike Bibby Jersey . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. http://www.thegrizzliesofficial.com/Authentic-Ben-McLemore-Grizzlies-Jersey/ . -- Two out of three aint bad.ANAHEIM, Calif. - Chicago and Anaheim had the NHLs two best records and a combined 15 Olympians on the ice at Honda Center. Before all that world-class talent heads to Sochi this weekend, the Blackhawks demonstrated why theyre still the team to beat when the NHL gets back to work in three short weeks. Corey Crawford made 29 saves in his first shutout of the season and Chicago pulled within one point of Anaheim for the overall NHL lead with a 2-0 victory over the Ducks on Wednesday night. Marian Hossa scored in the second period and captain Jonathan Toews added a late goal for the defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks, who improved to 3-0-2 on their six-game trip before the Olympic break. Chicago followed up its victory in Los Angeles two days ago with another solid effort against the Ducks, suggesting the defending champs are hitting their stride right before Sochi. "The last handful of games on this trip, weve got back to the way we need to play," Toews said. "Thats a tough team to do that to, and we have to feel good about what we were able to accomplish." After keeping the Ducks off the scoreboard in a fast, well-played game, the Blackhawks also won the Western Conference powers season series, taking two of three from Anaheim. Chicago (35-10-14, 84 points) is right behind Anaheim (40-14-5, 85 points) with one game left before the break. "(Crawford) made some key saves, and we had some breaks and some fortunate bounces," Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. "(Anaheim) had that run there, 19 of 20 (wins), but I think this trip really put us in a spot where were back in the mix. We played the right way, and were getting some good points." Quenneville also announced Patrick Kane wont be with the Blackhawks when they wrap up their trip in Phoenix. The American Olympians grandfather, Donald, died two days ago, and Kane is going back home to Buffalo before heading to Sochi. Jonas Hiller stopped 23 shots for the Ducks, who have lost four of five. Anaheim also has lost three straight home games after starting the season 20-0-2 at Honda Center. "We will overcome this," Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau saaid. Allen Iverson Jersey. "I thought we put in a great effort. We just didnt score goals. Were not going to cry about it. Were just going to get back to work and put another big run together." Chicago mostly beat the Ducks with defence, a minor surprise in a meeting between two of the NHLs highest-scoring teams. Crawford turned away every chance generated by the Ducks, who hadnt been shut out in their first 56 games this season before getting blanked twice in their last three games by Dallas and Chicago. Anaheim improved its effort from recent games, yet struggled mightily to get clean scoring chances. The Ducks had a 15-3 shots edge early on, but couldnt score during 40 seconds of 5-on-3 play in the scoreless first period. "We were doing a lot of things right, but unfortunately we cant buy a goal right now," Ducks defenceman Cam Fowler said. "All we can do is continue to push, continue to work on it." Both rosters are dotted with Olympic talent, including five key members of the Canadian team headed to Sochi. In addition, two members of the Swedish team — Chicagos Johnny Oduya and Anaheims Jakob Silfverberg — were scratched. Just 39 seconds into the second period, Hossa sneaked into Anaheims defence and beat Hiller for his 24th goal. The Slovak Olympian also had two goals in Chicagos win over the Ducks last month. The Blackhawks matched the Ducks effort after the midway point of the game. Anaheims Daniel Winnik had an outstanding short-handed chance in the slot in the third period, but couldnt settle a bouncing puck in time. Toews wrapped it up with 2:31 to play with a slippery move off the wall. After Hossa grabbed a turnover by Fowler, Toews went toward the middle and put a shot past Hillers left arm for his 19th goal. NOTES: Oduya missed his first game of the season with a lower-body injury. Quenneville said the injury shouldnt prevent Oduya from playing in Sochi. ... Hossa has scored in five consecutive games. ... Ducks C Nick Bonino missed his third straight game with an apparent wrist injury. Before the game, Anaheim recalled F Emerson Etem for his first game with the Ducks since Dec. 9. Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

OAKLAND, Calif. [url=http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authentic-pierre-desir-colts-jerse y/]Pierre Desir Jersey[/url] . - Klay Th
Columbus, OH (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.thefaclonsshoponline.com/Andre-Roberts-Falcons-Jersey/]A ndre Roberts Jersey[/url] .

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen